JK Global News is a news website that has been bringing high-quality journalism to readers. JK Global News provides the latest news, analysis opinion, culture, politics and various issues which remained core to the public, society and environment. Launched in July 2018, JK Global News is owned by editor Arfat Khan and its focused on politics and policy, government and governance.
We are headquartered in Jammu with our office at 787, Mohalla Ustad, and planning soon planning to establish our our presence across all districts of Union Territory Jammu and Kashmir. We are believe in investing in quality, ethical, investigative and questioning journalism.
JK Global News is committed to accurate, independent, ethical and responsible journalism. We report fairly; we attribute clearly; we correct mistakes transparently. Our editorial policies and processes are always intended to support those values.
We welcome feedback from our readers. If you feel that JK Global News has failed to meet our own standards—or yours—please let us know. You can contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
- We expect all JK Global News journalists to comply with these guidelines, but no memo could anticipate every contingency. It is your responsibility as a JK Global News journalist to hold yourself to the highest professional standards.
- You must always represent yourself as a reporter for JK Global News. NEVER use deception or pretense to obtain information.
- Do not accept any remuneration in exchange for coverage. Do not cover any company, industry or issue in which you have a financial interest.
- You are responsible for the accuracy of your story. Check every single fact that you include: dates, spelling of names, titles, timelines, numbers and other statistics. Hard-check any superlative—i.e., is this really the first, the worst, the only, the highest?
- Write what we know. Be clear about what we don’t know or what information is open to debate, and do not speculate.
- Weigh the data and evidence impartially. Acknowledge and include analyses or interpretations that may conflict with your personal views.
- Reach out for comment and give parties time to respond. (The length of time to wait is a judgment call relative to the seriousness of the story. If we are accusing a person or company of wrongdoing, we must include fair comment.)
- If you engage with a reader or the public, you must be respectful and civil at all times. No profanity, no ad hominem attacks.
- If you are contacted about a possible error in your story, examine the question fairly, with an open mind.
- If we have indeed erred, you are responsible for writing a correction, noting that at the bottom of the story and notifying your editor and the editor-in-chief.
- We make any needed corrections promptly and transparently.
- If we need to retract a story, we do so transparently. We do not un-publish or “disappear” problem copy.
- Credit the source or sources of the story in the second paragraph. Explicitly name-check them.
With very rare exception, do not aggregate stories that rely on anonymous sources: we don’t know how reliable or independent the source might be. If a responsible publication relies on an anonymous source, it may be acceptable to cite it, but only after discussion with editor.
- JK Global News reporters should use anonymous sources only rarely, in consultation with their editors (at least one of whom must know the identity of the source).
- Essentially, try to fact-check your story by using as many sources as possible.
When writing about criminal charges or allegations, be specific and complete. What was the precise charge, if any? Did the accused person plead not guilty? Did a lawyer deny the allegations? If there was a conviction, check on what count(s).Double-check all these details. Unless someone has been convicted, all headlines and other text must clearly state that the crime is alleged. Use language such as “allegedly” or “accused of” or “arrested in connection with” (not “arrested for,” which implies guilt).
- If in any doubt about the source or material, abort the story.
- In general, we avoid profanity, especially in headlines, and use it only in quotations where it is relevant and necessary.
- We do not publish nude photos (or links to them) or grisly, graphic images.
Plagiarism is the practice of taking someone else’s work or ideas and passing them off as one’s own.
The company has a zero-tolerance policy for plagiarism and fabrication, and violation of this policy will be considered a gross misconduct offense that may result in immediate termination of employment on the first offense (summary dismissal).
It is at the manager’s discretion to determine how much content is required to constitute plagiarism.
Advertisers or marketing concerns will not influence our news, analysis or opinion.Advertisements will be marked in such a way that they are easily distinguishable from news content. Sponsored editorial features at JK Global News will be clearly labelled and will be visibly different from editorial content.
JK Global News staff will not accept expensive gifts from people in position or from people or institutions we cover. JK Global News employees will not use their press credentials to get out of situations where a law is broken and refrain from seeking commercial discounts that are not available to the general public. Loudly, we must not accept preferential treatment because of the position we hold as employees of a media group.
No journalist of JK Global News will obtain information by misrepresenting or hiding his/her identity. There will be no exceptions made to this rule.Blackmailing or threatening a source to part with information or promising positive coverage in return for information is strictly prohibited.
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
JK Global News recognizes that social media provides unique opportunities to participate in interactive discussions and share information on particular topics (e.g., through Facebook, Twitter, blogs and Youtube etc.) Team Members’ use of social media, however, can pose risks to JK Global News’s confidential information, reputation and brands, can expose the Company to discrimination and harassment claims and can jeopardize the Company’s compliance with business rules and laws.
JK Global News seeks to minimize these business and legal risks, and to ensure that the Company’s IT resources and communications systems are used appropriately., as explained below. JK Global News therefore expects its Team Members to adhere to the following guidelines regarding use of social media:
Use of Social Media in Connection With Your Work for JK Global News:
- Remember that anything you post or send using social media, whether in or outside of the workplace, could reflect on JK Global News, in addition to yourself, and might create legal liabilities for the Company or damage its business or reputation. Always think carefully before you hit the “send” or “post” button.
- Social media should never be used in a way that violates any of JK Global News’s policies or any other obligations that you may have to JK Global News or others.
- Do not post or send anything through social media that includes or could be perceived as ethnic slurs, obscene, sexist or discriminatory comments, threats of violence, or other similar types of remarks.
- Whether in or outside of the workplace, remember that you are solely responsible for all content that you post or send.
- If you are contacted for comment about the Company for any publication, including any social media outlet, direct the inquiry to the Editor, and do not respond on behalf of the Company without written approval from the CEO.
- If you identify yourself as an employee of the Company in your personal use of social media, it is imperative that you adhere to the rules outlined above, as well as your individual brand’s social media guidelines, in order to mitigate any potential risk factors as a public entity. Do not post anything on personal social media channels that you wouldn’t say to a large, diverse, unfamiliar crowd of individuals.
- If you have any questions or require training on personal use of social media, please contact your supervisor.Keep in mind that any of your conduct that adversely affects your job performance, the performance of fellow Team Members’ or otherwise adversely affects team members, customers, suppliers, people who work on behalf of JK Global News, or JK Global News’s legitimate business interests may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.