Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir police on Thursday rebutted reports about a teenager joining militant ranks in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district. “A fake content being carried through various social media pages read as “A teenager identified as Tanveer Ahmad Kasana (18 years old) son of Mohammed Younis Kasana student of Darul Aloom Tawheed Gunj Baramulla is missing from the said Darul Aloom since 14 April. His gun-wielding photograph has gone viral on internet,” said a spokesman, in a statement. He said the news item is absolutely fake and is rebutted on the grounds that the person whose photograph is being circulated is an SPO (Special Police Officer) identified as Bilal Ahmad Mir son of Mohammad Rustam Mir resident of Harduchunam Rafiabad Sopore. The policeman, he said, is presently posted at DPL Sopore. The spokesman said action will be taken against elements inimical to peace in Kashmir valley.
- Principal GCW, Gandhi Nagar bypasses authority of administrative Dept?
- GDC Principals’ undermine sanctity of HED’s transfer orders
- MHA appoints Atal Dullo as CS of J&K UT
- Tough days ahead for Drug traders, recruiters of terrorists organisation in J&K: DGP Swain
- Traffic police Jammu seizes errant e-rickshaws
- Cluster University Jammu: For 8 years- appointment of Registrar, CoE caught in cobweb-Part 3
- Brothel operator Swarna booked under PSA
- Cluster University Jammu: Examination becomes hallmark of MOCKERY-2