Swarna’s Crime History
- FIR No 32 dated 08/03/2023 u/s 366 A, 344, POCSO Act
- FIR No 0088 dated 10/09/2022 also registered at Bagh e Bahu Police Station u/s 18.104.22.168 of Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act, 382, 341,323,504,506 of IPC .
- FIR No 93/2022 u/s 452, 323, 382, 504, 506, 34 IPC at Bagh e Bahu PS.
- FIR No 94/2016 u/s 376, 120-B of RPC registered at Channi Himmat Police Station.
- FIR No 01/2016 u/s 341, 323, 34 RPC.
- FIR No 2/2016 u/s 353, 332, 147 RPC.
JAMMU : On Wednesday, the court extends police remand of Swarna for five more days.
In the light of grave charges slapped on POCSO accused Swarna, the court acceded to the request of police for extending custodial interrogation of accused woman till March 20.
Worthwhile to mentioned here that Bagh e Bahu police in a raid on March 8, 2023 had rescued a girl child from an alleged brothel presided over by one Swarna from her house No 197 at Qasim Nagar. For coercing a minor girl into prostitution, the police booked Swarna under stringent POCSO Act. One pimp Shankar Singh along with Pooja was also arrested and booked as accomplice of Swarna.
Following another raid on March 13, one more minor girl hailing from Kashmir was also rescued from Swarna’s house. Currently, both the minor girls are being taken care by Children Welfare Centre for counseling and rehabilitation.
In the ongoing investigation, the residents of Qasim Nagar have recorded their statements against the shameful activities going on since long inside brothel of one Swarna and assured police of their cooperation so that accused woman gets rigorous punishment for her unpardonable sins.