JK Globalnews
    Facebook Twitter Instagram
    Latest News
    • Sirenocracy Dominates Democracy On Our Roads
    • RTI Bombshell: Activist flags pricing irregularities in AMRIT Pharmacy in J&K
    • Unstoppable BOCA violations nullify JDA’s enforcement reforms
    • Anarchists Undermining Civic Order in Jammu City
    • Unwelcome Pandemonium in UTs Assembly
    • Govt ATS Junked for Crony Growth?
    • J&K’s Forgotten Olympic Sport
    • Most-Wanted Drug Lord Lahu Gujjar Still Free—Questions Police Must Answer
    Facebook Twitter Instagram
    JK Globalnews
    • HOME
    • JAMMU
    • KASHMIR
    • WORLD
    • SPORTS
    • FEATURE
    • OPINION
    • OTHER
    JK Globalnews
    World

    Mattis warns China over South China Sea, says US wants ‘results-oriented’ ties

    By JK Global NewsJune 2, 2018No Comments2 Mins Read
    WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn
    Share
    WhatsApp Facebook

    New York: The United States is willing to work with China on a “results- oriented” relationship, but Beijing’s actions in the South China Sea were coercive and the Pentagon would “compete vigorously” if needed, U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said on Saturday.

    The comments by Mattis, speaking at the annual Shangri-La Dialogue in Singapore, come at a time of increased tension between the two nations in the South China Sea and highlight how President Donald Trump’s administration is looking to balance China’s cooperation on North Korea while dealing with its activities in the disputed sea. “China’s policy in the South China Sea stands in stark contrast to the openness that our strategy promotes, it calls into question China’s broader goals,” said Mattis, who said he would be travelling to Beijing this month.

    “The U.S. will continue to pursue a constructive, results-oriented relationship with China, cooperation whenever possible will be the name of the game and competing vigorously where we must … of course we recognise any sustainable Indo-Pacific order has a role for China,” he said. Last month, China’s air force landed bombers on disputed islands and reefs in the South China Sea as part of a training exercise, triggering concern from Vietnam and the Philippines.

    Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    JK Global News
    • Website
    • Facebook
    • Twitter

    Related Posts

    Israel-Hamas war: Mosad’s Chief visit to Qatar pins hope on ceasefire

    July 6, 2024

    Iran’s Presidential Election : Reformist candidate defeats hardliner

    July 6, 2024

    Australian Senator quits Labor party over Palestine

    July 4, 2024

    Comments are closed.

    OUR PICKS

    Sirenocracy Dominates Democracy On Our Roads

    February 18, 2026

    RTI Bombshell: Activist flags pricing irregularities in AMRIT Pharmacy in J&K

    February 16, 2026

    Unstoppable BOCA violations nullify JDA’s enforcement reforms

    February 15, 2026

    Anarchists Undermining Civic Order in Jammu City

    February 11, 2026
    JK Globalnews
    Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
    • About Us
    • Grievance
    • Privacy Policy
    • Careers
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 JK Global News. Designed by Leeward Graphics.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.