Ramnagar: Alleging neglect and deprivation of Ramnagar constituency in the matter of development, Harsh Dev Singh JKNPP Chairman has called upon the government to appropriately and adequately address the developmental issues of the said areas in view of wide spread public resentment brewing therein.
He regretted that development initiatives launched by him in the past had come to a grinding halt with no action whatsoever to activate the derailed projects which continued to remain in limbo for the last around more than three years.
Expressing grave concern over the pathetic plight of the existing roads, chaotic power supply system, dysfunctional water supply schemes, corruption plagued Rural Dev and Food and supplies Deptt and staff deficient schooling system, Mr. Singh deplored that Ramnagar constituency once known for revolutionary growth and development had been relegated to the position of tail ender in the matter of development. He was addressing huge public gatherings in Balota Chigla, Keya and Kaitha villages of Ramnagar constituency today.
Strongly flaying the abandonment of work on the satellite university campus in Ramnagar, Singh regretted that the construction work on the project was stopped in January 2015 immediately after he ceased to be MLA despite 90% of the project having been completed. He questioned the non-initiation and non completion of the remaining 10% of the work on the said campus despite lapse of more than three years.
He regretted the non introduction of four additional courses in the said University campus approved by the University council by a resolution passed in 2013 with merely two old PG courses being run from the Degree College building Ramnagar. He further questioned the fate of Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) approved under the aegis of Agricultural University at Marta, Ramnagar and ITI complex at Kirmoo, Ramnagar during 2012-13 for Rs. 11 Crore and Rs. 3 Crore respectively and deplored non initiation of any action in respect thereof during the last two years.
Taking a pot shot at the incumbent leadership, Singh said that it happened for the first time that Ramnagar constituency was totally ignored rather eclipsed in allocation of roads in Phase-XI of PMGSY with not a single new road having been assigned to the said constituency despite demands of connectivity from several far flung and remote area habitations.
He expressed grave concern over the non commencement of construction, upgradation work over most of the PMGSY schemes got sanctioned by him under Phase-X during 2013-14. He called for immediate commencement of work over Balota-Barrian road and Kansala-Kultair road which though sanctioned for construction four years back continued to suffer due to administrative apathy and criminal neglect of the concerned agencies.
He further called for early electrification of left over hamlets of remote areas and argumentation of power supply in the low voltage areas. He cautioned the Power Dev officials to stop charging money from the affected population for replacement of damaged transformers. He condemned the CAPD for pilferage of ration meant for BPL besides extremely poor quality of rice and wheat supplied to ration cord holders. He regretted the deplorable plight of hundreds of defunct hand pumps which had not been repaired for the last several months with affected people repairing the same at their own expense. He said that it happened for the first time that people of various villages had to contribute from their pockets to ensure private repairs of the damaged roads.
Urging upon the District and local administration to identify the officials responsible for withholding the payment of compensation to the farmers for lands acquired from them under PMGSY, Harsh called for stringent punitive action against such delinquents.
He called for immediate credit of compensation amount to the accounts of farmers for various PMGSY roads warned of farmers agitation in case of any further harassment of poor indigent farmers. He called for expediting the process of ‘Aadhar Cards’ and payment of early relief and rehabilitation of farmers affected by natural calamities. He warmed to avail legal remedy in case the loot and plunder of MGNREGA funds was disregarded by the govt seeking at the same time appropriate punitive action against the delinquent officers/officials and further sought immediate release of pending wages of workers under MGNREGA. He warmed that exploitation of rural folk, farming community and marginalized sections shall no longer be tolerated.